What to Bring on the Day of Appointment
- On the day of the appointment, all applicants MUST show the following for the appointment to move forward:
• A self-addressed, prepaid envelope that carries prepaid labels combined with a barcode or stamps, including a tracking number,
• A photocopy of above mentioned self-addressed prepaid envelope.
• All Applicants irrespective of their visa type must also present the Declaration for Mailing Passports duly filled out. It specifies that you as an applicant are responsible for the mailing of your passport and the Consulate General of Italy in New York is NOT responsible for the loss or damages to your passport while it is in transit.
The Visa Office at the Consulate General of Italy in New York only accepts prepaid priority envelopes provided by the U.S. Postal Service. They do not accept prepaid priority envelops from FedEx or UPS.
Types of Visas You Can Apply For
- Based on your nationality, country of residence, length of stay and the reason for your stay, you can apply for any of the following Italy Schengen Visas. All US residents holding Green cards should seek a visa before entering Italy. US Passport holders can travel to any EU/EEA or Schengen Zone country Visa free for no longer than 90 days within a 6 months period.
• Business Visa
• Student Visa
• Tourism/Airport Visa
• Family Reasons
• Independent Visa
Types of Documents Needed
- Although there is a variety of document that an applicant needs to present before the application process and interview starts, the following list of documents is mandatory and should be provided by all:
• The Italian visa application form printed and signed by the applicant. All information provided here should reconcile with the documents provided.
• Two identical bright colored backgrounds, 35x45mm photographs that are not older than three to six months.
• A valid passport with validity beyond three months, and not older than ten years. It should have at least a minimum of two empty pages.
• Non-US citizens should show a valid US INS visa, Alien Registration Card, State Driving License, up to three-month utility bill payments, or State income tax returns.
• A Schengen travel visa insurance that covers your health and medical emergencies during your visit to Italy and all of the Schengen countries intended to visit. The minimum health coverage is 30,000 Euros.
• All proof of travel should be provided with return flight itinerary showing the date of travel, return and flight numbers.
• Proof of hotel accommodation and reservations. If the applicant wishes to stay at a friend or family member residence, a letter of invitation should be attached.
• Proof of economic means in eh form of past three-month bank statement and credit card statements.
• Other documents of professional work such a letter of employment, copy of self-employed business income taxes of up to three months combined with letter of incorporation and bank statements, and proof of unemployment or retirement if applicable. Dependent parents and child can provide bank statements of their parent or spouse.
As a student apart from the above-mentioned documents, you will be required to file a set of documents in an orderly manner:
• A long-term visa application,
• A Photocopy of your Student ID or State diving license
• A letter from the University in Italy specifying your attendance hours, accommodation, and program details,
• Personal bank statements showing you have sufficient funds to cover your fees and an additional 600 USD a month for expenses.
• One-way flight reservation and other relevant documents as mentioned above.
All business visit for under 90 days should include all above-mentioned documents including,
• An original letter of invitation from an Italian company,
• Business license of your Italian company,
• Proof of economic means and proof of medical insurance.
• A return itinerary with dates and flight number.
Visa Processing Times
These statistics indicate the estimated length of time that the consulate will hold onto your passport while your visa application processes. Favisbook makes no guarantees that your visa will be approved on time for your travels. It is important to schedule your appointment far enough in advance to give enough time for your visa application to process.
|Short Stay Visas (< 90 days):
||2-15 calendar days
|Long Stay Visas (> 90 days):